Chadron Primary Families ~ We are so very excited to welcome you to the first day of school tomorrow (8/17). The Administrative team continues to meet in order to evaluate current situations and we remain in the green status of our reopening plan. With that being said, please continue to watch the district webpage located at www.chadronschools.org for the latest guidance. The image below may also assist in finding resources. Continue to stay well and we cannot wait to see you tomorrow! Thank you for respecting the following reminders/requests:
1. School begins at 8:00 a.m. ~ keep in mind that with as many students as we have, we will allow for tardies until 8:20 a.m. and we ask for your patience as you drop students off on the ramp. Playground access will not be available before or after school for play so thank you for respecting the drop off on our ramp. We will continue to implement our "Stop, Drop, and Roll" for student drop off where you "Stop" your vehicle (put in park; however, do not turn off the engine or get out of the vehicle yourself), "Drop" your students off with positive encouragement for a great day, and "Roll" on down the ramp to keep traffic moving. Please do not park on the ramp between 7:50 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. As always the 7th street access to the Middle and Primary parking lots are NOT AVAILABLE to families but only staff and those approved by administration.
2. Please DO NOT arrive before 7:45 a.m. ~ students will be escorted to classrooms at 7:50 a.m. where they can have breakfast (if they have signed up) and begin their day. Breakfast will stop at 8:20 a.m. and curricular activities will begin at 8:30 a.m. so again, please make arrangements to arrive between 7:50 and 8:20 a.m. If students arrive after 8:20 a.m., they will need to check in with Miss Chrissy at the office.
3. All students will enter the building through the front door entrance.
4. Please, no parents in the building before school. If parents have lunch money, fees, or any other business that needs attending, please come in after 8:30 a.m.
5. For dismissal, we also ask you adhere to our no vehicle access behind the building. Please park your vehicles on Ann St., 7th St., and or any of the other nearby streets and walk up to your child's dismissal door. We ask that you limit the number of adults who pick up your children to lessen the number of people we have in the proximity of our students. Thank you for your patience and understanding with our dismissals as follow:
Classroom dismissal will be staggered by grade level, with Kindergarten using the West door (front door) and lines closest to the flagpole, First grade using the East door (near Page and Hendrickson classrooms) and lines available, and Second grade using the South door (near Jelinek and Jackson classrooms).
Our hope is that with staggered dismissals, we will ease much of the congestion during after school pick up times.
Dismissal times will be as follows:
3:05 p.m. ~ Kindergarten
3:10 p.m. ~ 1st Grade
3:15 p.m. ~ 2nd Grade