Mrs. Cogdill's second grade class has had the incubator going and we finally have chicks!! The students have been studying the life cycle of chickens and watched the progression so the excitement at the Primary Building has been pretty high. The chicks will have their classroom home for a bit longer before finding forever homes where they can continue to grow. Thank you Mrs. Cogdill for this amazing experience you share with the students every year!
Monday, April 29, 2019
Students at Chadron Primary students had a book tasting in the library where they were treated to a restaurant style atmosphere complete with special music and lighting. The event was designed to expose students to a variety of genres and have them explore books they may not have visited. Students enjoy this activity and are so excited to share what they have sampled.
June Ballard with the Nebraska Woman's Christian Temperance Union presented students with prizes recently following a coloring contest held at Chadron Primary. Students received monetary prizes and the first place students had their pictures move on to the next level in Indiana. We are so proud of the work our students do and excited to see what the future holds for our little artists.
|Back Row: Aster T., Hadley E., Braxton P., and Jennie P.|
Middle Row: Rylan R., Kendall S., Tamia L., and Abigail H.
Front Row: Kylee S., Sidney M., June Ballard, Emily R., and Ruby M.
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Fine Arts Vision/Strategic Planning Meeting Wednesday, May 1, 2019 in Central Office Conference Room @ 5:30 PM. Everyone welcome to attend.
Thursday, April 18, 2019
Sunday, April 14, 2019
Right before the big Spring storm, first grade students treated the audience to a fabulous Spring Program. More than 80 students along with family and friends filled the Chadron High School Auditorium and sang a variety of old but favorite nursery rhyme tunes. The students did an amazing job and it was a wonderful program put on by Ms. Jensen and the students.
Friday, April 12, 2019
These students went above and beyond our three Cardinal Rules of 1)Be Safe, 2)Be Respectful, and 3)Be Responsible and were selected by their homeroom teachers as kiddos who are wonderful examples of amazing Cardinal students. Some of our students pictured were not able to join us the previous two months so we were thankful they could have breakfast this month.
|Back Row: Kody K., Amy B., Kendall S., Mayci S., and Raimee G.|
Middle Row: Liam D., Bentley B., Joel C., Dalila H., and Rhedyn R.
Front Row: Matilda M., and Aiden T.
Monday, April 8, 2019
MORNING MARATHON CLUB 2019
Students, staff, families and friends are invited to join the fun as we begin the 9th Annual Morning Marathon Club (MMC)! We will meet 7:10-7:40a.m., Mondays through Thursdays on the high school track to walk/jog/run supervised ¼ mile laps. Due to weather delays, our first day will be April 8, 2019. We will NOT meet April 22, due to no school on that day. Our last day will be May 16, 2019.
*****DEADLINE FOR Panhandle GOTR 5K/Fun Run is Friday, April 12, 2019*****
Must register ONLINE at https://fs12.formsite.com/GOTRNebraska/Chadron_5K/index.html by APRIL 12, to guarantee t-shirts for all participants and medals for those under 14. EVERYONE UNDER 16, MUST have Run Buddy.)
The goal of this program is to give each participant a positive start to the day, establish a routine of exercise and live a healthy lifestyle. This will help them build confidence and self-esteem that comes from setting goals and crossing the finish line. It is also a great opportunity to talk to your child about setting personal goals: what/how many days will they participate? How many laps do they want to complete? Lace up those running shoes and let’s get moving!
The first day each student participates, s/he must have a signed permission form. If you would like your child to be eligible for prizes, choose a package and please return attached form with check (made out to Chadron Public Schools) as soon as possible. Last day to order will be Friday, April 12, 2019. All MMC gear will be handed out as soon as we get them. **New design and color (black/silver)
Some specifics about the Morning Marathon Club:
- Each student MUST have a signed permission form before participating (& $10 to be eligible for prizes-scholarships available for those in need).
- Comfortable school clothes and sport shoes are appropriate for running.
- Parents and Staff are welcome (and encouraged!) to join in!
- Students in first grade and older may run unaccompanied. Kindergarten students need a parent with them for (at least) the first day.
- ALL students MUST check in at the press box at the High School Track before they can count laps!
- ALL students may begin any time between 7:10 and 7:25. No runners may begin after 7:25.
- ALL students MUST check out before leaving track, or laps will not be counted! Primary students will not be allowed to leave track until 7:40 unless with a parent/guardian.
- CIS students will be dismissed from track at 7:35 to allow time to travel to school.
- ALL STUDENTS will be dismissed from the track at 7:40.
- In case of bad weather, MMC will be cancelled. I will send a Remind Notification by 6:45a.m. (text @morningmar to 81010 to sign up! Or to receive messages via email, send an email to email@example.com.)
- General guidelines for cancellation will be wind chill below 15 degrees, rain, snow, or wind gusts over 35 mph.
- This program relies on a large number of parent volunteers. The track will be supervised daily by VOLUNTEERS. We need you! It’s a great way to start the day with your kids! If you have questions or would like to volunteer please contact Mrs. Rischling @ 430-4122.
Morning Marathon Club Permission Form
My child(ren), ______________________________________________________, has (have) my permission to participate in the Morning Marathon Club.
My child(ren) is(are) in the following class(es):
PRIMARY: KR KHud KLand KLar 1B 1F 1G 1H 2C 2H 2P 2S
CIS: 3H 3O 3W 4Grant 4Garcia 4M CMS: 5 6 7 8 CHS
My child has the following special medical conditions: ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*If you have more than one child you are giving permission, please be specific with any medical conditions.
I understand the procedures and expectations for participants.
(Parent Signature) (Date)
Text? YES NO
Please call! I am interested in volunteering to help with the Morning Marathon. The day(s) that work best for me is(are):
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
Please choose one of the following packages for each student* participating
*Adults/siblings may also purchase Hoodies/crew sweatshirts/long sleeves shirts/tshirts, contact Mrs. Rischling for pricing & order forms. Deadline: April 12, 2019
____Mini Marathon Package $10
Includes tshirt, and MMC Celebration, and other incentives
____Marathon Package $25
Includes tshirt, long sleeve tshirt OR crew sweatshirt, MMC Celebration & other incentives
____Mega Marathon Package $35
Includes tshirt, long sleeve tshirt, AND hoodie, MMC Celebration & other incentives
Circle one size: Youth Med Youth Large Youth XLarge
Adult Small Adult Med Adult Large Adult XL
*Please add $3 for Adult XXL, XXXL