Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Our little birds are hard at work blending sounds to make words and we are so proud of our Kindergarten students for catching on so quickly! This group of children was so excited to show off their newly learned skills and we want to encourage their continued success!! Roll Little Birds - we are so proud of you!
Chadron Primary School would like to thank the Sheridan and Dawes County Chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma Society International and The Salvation Army Service Extension Office for the donation of backpacks and supplies to our school. These backpacks are used for any students who are unable to attain supplies and backpacks on their own. We are so fortunate to have donations and caring individuals support our schools and students. Thank You again!!
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Elmo the Eagle made a visit to Chadron Primary School to promote Homecoming Week at Chadron State College! The students were thrilled to have Elmo visit lunch and he brought coloring sheet pages for the CSC coloring contest. The winners at each grade level get a t-shirt and get an invite to ride the Homecoming Parade float with Elmo on September 29th!
The big birds returned and as always brought lots of smiles to Chadron Primary School. Some of the football players visited last week and today we had a few softball players. Our Cardinals Committed group has some outstanding leaders and students who are willing to go above and beyond to be great role models for our young students; we love our lunch time with these student athletes and look forward to their next visit.
Chadron Primary School is excited to be participating in the Recycle Rally this year, and we could use your help to become one step closer to our recycling goals!
What is PepsiCo’s Recycle rally?
- Recycle Rally is a nationwide program designed to raise awareness of recycling in K-12 schools.
- The program teaches students about the importance of recycling and inspires them to make recycling a part of their daily lives.
- By participating, schools have the opportunity to win prizes, set and achieve recycling goals, utilize effective educational tools, and connect with a national school recycling network.
- Schools can earn rewards points for each plastic bottle* and can recycled and can redeem the points for prizes and merchandise to help the school. Frequent contests also offer opportunities to earn gift cards and cash prizes ranging up to $1,000.
How can you help Chadron Primary School on our Recycle Rally journey?
- Send your child(ren) to school with empty non-alcoholic aluminum cans and plastic bottles to donate to the drive.
- Invite family, friends, and members of the community to donate their non-alcoholic aluminum cans and plastic bottles.
What’s in it for the students and school?
- Increases recycling awareness and action in their daily lives to make an impact on the environment.
- Provides opportunity for team collaboration and leadership skills.
- Involves school groups and broader community.
- Fosters school spirit and pride for our community.
We hope you consider helping Chadron Primary School become one step closer to our recycling goals!
Our recycle bin for students and families is located just outside the gym doors.
*Plastic #1 (PETE) beverage bottles
Tuesday, September 11, 2018
On Friday, September 7th Chadron Primary hosted health screenings for our 1st and 2nd grade students. Our nurses helped coordinate our AMAZING volunteers from Lions Club and CAPWN Dental. Ms. Chrissy and a host of other volunteers from the after school program also helped things run smoothly. Again, thank you so very much for helping to keep our children healthy!
Our people make the difference and relationships are at the top of our list for making a difference in a child's life. Whether it is connecting with our students or connecting with one another, we get it done! A HUGE shout out to all of our educators who "Feel the Love for Public Schools" and Feel the Love for our students!
Chadron Primary would like to thank Donna Gimeson and Consuming Fire School of Dance, Gymnastics, and Fitness for donating water bottles for our students. We greatly appreciate all of the community support that is shown to our public schools and this is another example of our community members and schools working together. Thank you again!